In a complex global business environment with increased scrutiny around governance issues and stringent regulatory demands, recruitment of world-class general counsel and senior in-house lawyers is critical. Our Legal, Compliance & Regulatory consultants, most of whom are former practicing lawyers, bring a sophisticated understanding of the legal role in the corporate world and extensive senior-level legal search experience to each assignment.
- Over the past two years, we have successfully conducted more than 500 legal search assignments for clients around the world.
- Our global team of legal search consultants conducts searches for senior in-house counsel for multinationals and for senior partners for preeminent law firms, aligning us with an international network of talent.
- We strive to serve as long-term advisers to our clients, helping them build the highest-caliber legal teams, including general counsel, deputy/divisional general counsel, chief compliance officer, chief patent/intellectual property counsel, corporate secretary, chief litigation and other senior in-house roles.
- Our consultants bring deep industry expertise and strong candidate relationships, enabling us to identify and attract high-performing legal talent across a variety of sectors, including consumer, financial services, industrial, life sciences, technology, media, telecommunications and nonprofit.
The legal function of many organizations continues to evolve as companies reduce their reliance on outside firms and bring more legal capabilities in-house, particularly in growth markets. At the same time, companies around the world are responding to an increased focus on compliance and regulations such as the Privacy Act, Federal Corrupt Practices Act and Anti-Money Laundering, to name a few. Senior management and the board are also relying more heavily on the legal team to stay ahead of emerging governance issues. Spencer Stuart’s team of legal search consultants understands the demands placed on the function and collaborates across regions and practices to find the best fit for our clients’ legal talent needs.
Our legal expertise spans all industries and includes the following areas:
- Compliance and Ethics
- Intellectual Property/Patent
- Labor and Employment
- Securities and M&A