The presence of a strong, independent and effective board is increasingly critical to the success of every organization. We help clients around the world build qualified, experienced and diverse boards; appoint non-executive chairmen; advise on board succession and corporate governance issues; and provide tailored board assessment services.
Our board services include:
- Spencer Stuart has been a worldwide leader in director search and other board advisory services for more than 25 years.
- Our global team of board experts work together to ensure that our clients have unrivaled access to the best existing and potential director talent, and regularly assist boards in increasing the diversity of their composition.
- We have helped place women in more than 1,300 board director roles around the world. More than 30% of our director placements last year were women.
- Our clients include public, private equity-backed, major private and family-owned companies, as well as startups and nonprofit organizations.
- Our experienced consultants have deep knowledge of how boards and their committees work.
- We understand the pressures on boards to evolve with the changing business environment, as well as the need to reflect diverse thinking.
- We publish regular research on board trends and best practices, including annual Board Indexes, and offer director education programs in multiple countries.
We advise board and committee chairmen on governance best practices and counsel them on succession planning, director orientation and ongoing education.
Using a methodology refined over many years, we customize board assessments for clients around the world that result in more effective, higher-performing boards.
With our unparalleled access to and knowledge of the candidate pool, we help place outstanding directors who add value to the boards they join.
Read about our work in the UK to promote women on boards.