The new era of asset management — marked by innovation, the globalization of investment opportunities and investment owners, a high correlation of asset classes, heightened risk, and the search for “alpha” amid challenged public markets — demands a diverse, multidisciplinary leadership team to come out ahead.
- We have conducted more than 600 assignments in the asset management space over the past three years, including searches for senior-level executives and board members.
- Our dedicated financial services consultants possess in-depth expertise and long-standing relationships with top asset management leaders, developed through years of working in the sector. No other firm has our depth and breadth of specialized expertise.
- A global firm for nearly all of our nearly 60-year history, Spencer Stuart has a presence in all major financial markets of the world as well as relationships with key resources and contacts.
- Over the past five years, the retention rate of our asset management placements stands between 94 and 100 percent.
Increased competition and continuing revenue and cost pressures in the sector require investment talent who have a proven ability to deliver alpha. In addition, asset management firm leaders must have extensive risk management and compliance experience and the political savvy to navigate a more stringent regulatory environment. As industry activity grows in certain geographies, such as Asia, asset management firms must find both local talent and leaders with a global mindset. Disintermediation of traditional players through direct consumer access to intelligence and proliferation of open platforms also present a need for skilled information technology and operations executives.
Spencer Stuart’s team has in-depth, functional and line-of-business expertise across an array of organizations, including:
- Endowments and Foundations
- Fund-of-fund Management
- Hedge Funds
- Infrastructure Investors
- Institutional Money Managers
- Insurance Companies
- Mutual Fund Companies
- Pension Plans
- Private Equity Firms
- Public and Private Pension Plans
- Real Estate
- Sovereign Wealth Funds