John Harpole is a member of the firm’s Financial Services Practice and a consultant within Spencer Stuart’s Leadership Advisory Services. John works at the intersection of academia, economics, finance and public policy. He is an experienced adviser to senior economic and public policy leaders, financial service executives and asset owners. John is engaged in the firm’s sustainability initiatives with a particular focus on social and governance issues. He has written on inclusive leadership and incorporates inclusive and equitable practices into his search and advisory engagements.
Examples of John's recent work include:
- Executive and board search, including assessment of leading asset and wealth managers and capital markets executives
- CEO, management committee and board assignments in the Federal Reserve, Federal Home Loan and Farm Credit Systems
- Executive and board recruitment in self-regulatory organizations, including the CFA Institute, Financial Accounting Foundation and the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board
- John has more than 20 years of private capital advisory and institutional investment experience, encompassing public equities, alternative- and real-assets.
John is an experienced trustee/board member with several educational, charitable, religious and social service organizations. He is co-executive sponsor of the firm’s African American Employee Resource Group; trustee and finance committee chair of a K-8 independent school; investment and audit committee board member of a 350-bed assisted living facility; and a member of the Dartmouth College Alumni Council, serving on the nominating committee and formerly on the executive committee.
- A.B. Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH
M.B.A., the Amos Tuck Graduate School of Business, Hanover, NH