Janine Ames is a leadership consultant based in Spencer Stuart’s Stamford office and an active member of the CEO and Board practices. She is an expert in CEO, CXO and board succession, as well as in-depth executive assessment and development. With more than 30 years of experience in strategy consulting, talent management, executive recruiting and leadership consulting, Janine is passionate about partnering with clients to ensure successful top leadership transitions across a variety of time horizons.
She is certified in Spencer Stuart’s Executive Intelligence assessment methodology and is an accredited Meyler Campbell executive coach. This enables her to provide clients with a robust understanding of the strengths and potential of their top talent, while also supporting individual executives as they seek to transition into C-suite roles, prepare themselves for larger mandates, or simply work to strengthen their leadership capabilities.
Janine is also a leader in helping companies achieve their DE&I goals at the C-level through unbiased assessment and inclusive talent and succession planning strategies. Janine works across industries, with particular expertise in professional services, media, industrials and technology-enabled business and consumer services.
Examples of Janine’s recent work include:
- Partnering with a multi-billion-dollar technology-enabled consumer services business to establish a long-term CEO succession process and a more insightful and systematic leadership development process for key executives
- Guiding a large professional services firm board through the CEO succession process, providing comprehensive assessment insights and decision-support
- Assisting in the CEO selection for a major media company and providing transition coaching to several executives moving to new roles on the leadership team
- Supporting a major board refreshment for a global financial services firm undergoing a shift in strategy, helping to formulate the board succession approach and then leading the recruitment of several new directors
- Leading a large leadership assessment and development program for a highly matrixed global business services company seeking to dramatically improve its approach to succession planning for top roles
- Management consultant at McKinsey & Company and Bain and Company
- Internal talent leader for McKinsey’s technology practice
- Leadership team member of a PE-backed business services technology start-up
- M.B.A. from Harvard Business School
- B.S. in Commerce from the University of Virginia