Shigemasa is a consultant in Spencer Stuart’s Healthcare Practice, leading executive search and advising on CEO succession planning, leadership trends and organizational culture for biopharma, healthcare services and medical technology clients. He works with a range of local and multinational organizations based in Asia Pacific and globally. He has also helped clients in consumer and nonprofit sectors to navigate leadership transitions.
Shigemasa has specialized experience in:
- Healthcare services
- Medical technology
- CEO search and succession
- Leadership assessment
- Leadership transitions
- Assessing and recruiting a country leader for the digital business of a global medical technology company to accelerate business growth and transformation
- Helping a U.S. biopharmaceutical company to rebuild a high-performing senior leadership team
- Leading an executive search to identify a senior commercial leader for new genetic testing business positioned for rapid growth
- Working with a private equity firm to recruit both a CEO and CFO to reshape and implement an IPO strategy for one of its portfolio companies
- Managing director and core member of the healthcare practice with another global executive search firm, where he led executive search and leadership advisory projects for both multinational and Japanese companies, and supported building senior management teams for PE portfolio companies
- General manager of medical systems and director of business development at Becton Dickinson and Company
- Analyst at a leading airline company in the U.S.
- Master of International Management from Thunderbird School of Global Management at Arizona State University
- Bachelor of Engineering from Tokyo University of Science