Sally Elliott is the co-leader of Spencer Stuart’s global Retail Practice. Based in London, Sally partners with privately and publicly owned retailers and retail brands to support their strategic objectives through board and leadership renewal, as well as advisory work. Most of Sally’s experience in executive search and leadership advisory, spanning over two decades, has been focused on CEO and non-executive board projects for retailers around the world.
Sally is an advisory board member of the World Retail Congress, the leading global forum for the retail sector, where she serves alongside CEOs of some of the world’s most recognised and innovative retailers. Sally is a frequent writer about retail leadership topics, and she also speaks regularly at various consumer forums and events.
CEO succession for one of the largest publicly traded grocery retailers in APAC
CEO appointment for a private equity–backed pureplay retailer in EMEA
- CEO succession for a major family-controlled retail group in North America
- Shareholder representative board appointments, following a debt-for-equity swap, for a market-leading speciality retailer in Europe
- Top team assessment, non-executive director appointments and leadership advisory work on behalf of a private investor in the Middle East
- Chair, CEO, non-executive director and CFO appointments for a FTSE100 retailer in the UK
Sales, human resources and marketing roles with PepsiCo UK
- MA, Modern and medieval languages, St. John’s College, Cambridge University (Larmor Award winner)
Associate of the London College of Music (ALCM)