Dr. Ron Weihe is a consultant in Spencer Stuart’s Global Financial Services Practice. Based in Frankfurt, he serves German and international financial institutions, focusing on helping banks, asset managers, private equity firms and payment services providers/fintechs define and implement their senior-level talent strategies. He is viewed as a trusted adviser by financial service providers and private equity, real estate and other alternative investors in recruiting and assessing board members and senior executives for leadership positions such as CEOs, country/regional heads, heads of distribution, CFOs, COOs, partners/managing directors and divisional/team heads.
Long-term experience in executive search and assessment within financial services
- Ron has more than 25 years of professional experience in executive search & assessment and finance.
- Prior to joining Spencer Stuart, he worked for many years in the financial services practice of another international executive search firm.
- Before this, Ron was a managing director and head of transaction advisory at Berenberg Bank, Europe’s second-oldest private bank.
- Previously, he had long tenures as head of M&A retail/consumer goods and vice president corporate finance at two other banks.
- Ron started his career in the treasury department of Robert Bosch in Chicago.
Ron studied business administration with a concentration in accounting and taxes at the University of Münster and received his Ph.D. in banking and finance. He is fluent in English and German.