Appointing a non-executive director is a vitally important decision for any board. We work with clients to ensure that their boards have a diverse blend of skills and experience that match the strategic direction of their organizations.
- We recruit chairmen and directors for public, private equity-backed, major private and family-owned companies, as well as startups and nonprofit organizations.
- We have a strong local presence in key markets around the world and our consultants have access to a growing pool of high-quality international directors.
- Our knowledge of board dynamics and privileged access to and knowledge of the most sought-after directors helps clients build balanced and effective boards.
- We have recruited nearly 1,100 female directors for clients. Over the past three years, nearly 25% of our placements have been women.
- We have also been a force in geographical diversity on boards. Since 2009 more than 30% of our placements on European boards have been foreign directors; 22% of our placements on non-EMEA boards have been Europeans. We have also helped boards around the world add Asian experience.
With calls for greater diversity and independence in the boardroom, and a limited number of active CEOs and senior executives able to take on external roles, many boards are looking at new candidate pools. We work tirelessly to identify the next level of top director talent qualified to meet the needs of our clients — since 2010, nearly 30% of our placements have been first-time directors. We use specialized assessment tools to test whether high achievers from a diverse range of backgrounds and experience have the intrinsic qualities to become effective board directors.