High-performing boards are engaged, strategically focused and agile. As board advisers to many of the world’s leading organizations, our consultants provide practical and impartial advice to chairmen on all aspects of board effectiveness.
- We have been providing an integrated suite of board advisory services to clients worldwide for more than 25 years, including succession planning for chairmen, other directors and CEOs.
- We combine a nuanced understanding of local governance codes and legislation with a global perspective on boardroom trends and best practices.
- Our clients include public, private equity–backed and major private and family-owned businesses, as well as startups and nonprofit organizations.
- We run director education programs around the world, including the long-running Directors' Forum, held annually at London Business School.
- We are known for our extensive research and thought leadership on board-related issues, including the Spencer Stuart Board Index and Point of View.
- Our advisory work for clients throughout the world provides us with a unique perspective on board culture and dynamics and positions us to respond sensitively to the specific leadership challenges each of our clients faces.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Advisory boards
- Board composition and compensation
- Board effectiveness and assessment
- Director recruitment and orientation
- Governance best practices
- Leadership succession and development
- Pre-IPO board development