The global pandemic has highlighted the critical need both for talented leaders and for empowering those leaders and the teams around them. In the healthcare industry, leadership has been even more critical, as organizations must balance their long-term missions and survival while simultaneously focusing on the immediate safety and welfare of their people and patients.
In this article, three Spencer Stuart healthcare experts share their insights from their work during the Covid-19 crisis:
- Executive searches continue, with a balance between external recruiting and internal promotion, and at a variation in pace.
- Global uncertainty has led to professional and personal uncertainty.
- Organizations and candidates are adopting creative, non-traditional approaches to recruitment.
- Candidates’ character, leadership style, and cultural fit are getting heightened attention.
- Leadership is a team sport.
Read more in our piece in NEJM Catalyst.