The most effective boards have a positive and long-term impact on their organizations, bringing confidence to shareholders and other stakeholders. Creating a diverse and balanced board – one that reflects the organization’s strategic direction and contains the right blend of expertise and experience – has become a top priority.
- We have been helping companies around the world to strengthen their boards and improve their effectiveness by sharing governance best practices for more than 25 years.
- Our global Board Practice has a strong presence in local markets, a deep knowledge of governance issues and an international network of experienced consultants.
- We work together seamlessly to identify high-quality independent chairmen and directors who add value to the strategic direction of our clients’ companies.
- We have conducted more than 1,800 board director searches globally over the past three years.
- Our clients include public, private equity-backed, major private and family-owned businesses, as well as startups and nonprofit organizations.
- We contribute to the understanding of effective governance through our many board-related publications, including our annual Board Index series.
Chairmen increasingly expect their boards to reflect the geographic footprint of their companies and the diversity of their business and stakeholders. Our global team of board specialists has unrivaled knowledge of the director candidate pool and the judgment and experience to help clients make wise decisions about board composition and succession. We have helped place women in more than 1,300 board director roles around the world. More than 30% of our directors placements last year were women.
Read about our work in the UK to promote women on boards.
Our board services include:
We advise board and committee chairmen on governance best practices and counsel them on succession planning, director orientation and ongoing education.
Using a methodology refined over many years, we conduct board assessments for clients around the world that result in high-performing, more effective boards.
With our unparalleled access to and knowledge of the candidate pool, we place outstanding non-executive chairmen and directors who add value to the boards they join.