Rekha Jacob Koshy is a member of Spencer Stuart’s Technology, Media & Telecommunications and Consumer practices based in Mumbai. She partners with clients in consumer-facing businesses across media, entertainment, retail, consumer tech and social media in both leadership and advisory work, including CEO and key executive team appointments, CEO succession planning and leadership assessment. Rekha brings more than 20 years consulting and industry experience and a deep understanding of the leadership needed in India’s rapidly growing consumer services, media and entertainment industries. She also supports private equity firms and their portfolio companies across consumer services.
Extensive media and consumer tech experience
- Rekha has a particular focus on CEO searches for established media and consumer companies as well as digital media platforms such as over-the-top streaming services and supporting devices. Over the past two decades, she has used her deep network and business insights to partner with and run senior-level searches across a variety of functions in the entertainment, broadcasting and publishing sectors.
- She is a trusted advisor in helping companies fill top communications and public affairs roles on their teams.
- She also works with retailers headquartered in Asia and Middle East, with a specific focus on apparel companies requiring global coverage.
- She also advises on leadership assessment and development, career and succession management, and M&A assessment.
- Prior to joining Spencer Stuart, Rekha was a partner at another search firm. During her tenure, she served as the global co-lead for the digital, media and entertainment practice, conducting C-level searches for publishers, broadcasters and communications leaders. In this position, she worked with both private equity groups and multinational companies in the consumer, services and retail sectors.
- She has spent most of her career in search after starting out as a management trainee at AP Moller Group. She is an active speaker and a jury member at various industry conferences and organizations.
She holds a master’s degree in industrial psychology from Mumbai University and a bachelor’s degree in psychology from St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai. She speaks English, Hindi and Malayalam.