The World Retail Congress (“the Congress”) today announces its 2023 Advisory Board members, who have shaped this year’s conference and will continue to advise in 2024 to deliver an unrivalled high-level forum for senior retailers and industry followers.
The Congress partnered with Spencer Stuart, one of the world's top global executive search and leadership consulting firms, to form its authoritative and diverse board of retail pioneers, which is made up of 17 leaders from 13 different countries with expertise across multiple sub-sectors in retail.
The full list of Advisory Board members include:
Ian McGarrigle, Chair, World Retail Congress
Juliet Anammah, Chair and Group Chief Sustainability Officer, Jumia Nigeria
- Roy Bagattini, Group CEO, Woolworths
- Gaston Bottazzini, CEO, Falabella
- Julian Diaz Gonzalez, former CEO, Dufry
- Sally Elliott, Co-Leader, Global Retail Practice, Spencer Stuart
- Dave Kimbell, CEO, Ulta Beauty
- Alexander Lacik, CEO & President, Pandora
- Stuart Machin, CEO, Marks & Spencer
- Judith McKenna, President & CEO, Walmart International
- Tina Mueller, former CEO, Douglas
- Jaume Miquel Naudi, Chair & CEO, Tendam
- Falguni Nayar, Founder & CEO, Nykaa
- Yol Phokasub, CEO, Central Retail Corporation
Frederico Trajano, CEO, Magalu
Hani Weiss, CEO, Majid Al Futtaim Retail
- Ying Xu, President, Wumei Technology Group
The World Retail Congress is the world’s leading annual event for the retail sector. It convenes the brightest minds in retail for three days of debate, insights and meaningful connection, and plays an important part in shaping the future of global retail. This year, the Congress will take place on 25-27 April, at the Hotel Arts in Barcelona, Spain.
The Congress will provide a critical opportunity for retail leaders to learn, share insights and form connections. Rarely has the global retail industry faced the levels of adversity and challenges as it has in recent years, which is why this year’s agenda is themed “Retail Leadership for Extraordinary Times”. The programme is designed around four streams which include resilient retail, purposeful retail, transformational retail and customer-focused retail. While interconnected, each will explore a different aspect of being a retailer today, from costing, sourcing and supply-chains, to driving ESG change from within a business, as well as redefining the retail experience online, while not losing sight of the customer experience.
Tim Danaher / Clare Motte
+44 (0)20 7404 5959