Phil Dawes is a consultant in Spencer Stuart’s Boston office and a member of its Healthcare Practice. Phil has nearly 20 years of experience in healthcare recruitment and operations. In addition to recruiting, Phil’s areas of industry expertise include digital health, health IT and payers.
Healthcare, payer and health IT expert
- Before joining Spencer Stuart, Phil spent three years as a principal at another leading international search firm.
- Earlier, he served as senior vice president of enterprise sales and value-based care at MedAssets, a publicly traded company that provided performance improvement solutions in the areas of revenue cycle and supply chain management.
- Earlier, Phil worked for 11 years as a managing director with FTI, and earlier, Navigant. At FTI, Phil co-founded a value-based care practice that helped clients operationalize new care delivery and reimbursement models, and he founded and led a healthcare analytics practice that grew to include 30 professionals.
- He started his healthcare career at Northwestern Memorial Healthcare in Chicago, where he turned around and led strategic sourcing and procurement functions.
- Phil began his career working in private equity and for early stage ventures.
Phil earned his MBA and Master of Engineering Management from Northwestern University, and his Bachelor of Science in engineering sciences from Harvard University. He also earned a post-graduate certificate in Health Industry Management.