Fanny Zhang is a co-head of Spencer Stuart’s Greater China region and is the office manager in Beijing. She is a member of the firm’s Technology, Media & Telecommunications, Professional & IT Services, Industrial, Energy and Human Resource practices. She focuses on senior-level assignments for multinational and Chinese companies, as well as start-up internet companies throughout China and Asia Pacific. She brings 17 years of management consulting experience across different industrial sectors, including oil and gas, utilities, natural resources, chemical, agriculture, automotive, manufacturing and logistics.
Extensive industry consulting expertise
- In addition to her deep industry knowledge, Fanny possesses broad functional expertise spanning strategy, organization design, branding, sales and marketing, and operational enhancement.
- Fanny has helped many fast-growing Chinese companies and Internet startups recruit executives.
- Prior to joining Spencer Stuart, Fanny served as a global partner and vice president of greater China for Roland Berger Strategy Consulting, co-leading the firm’s energy and transportation practices.
- She is a council member of China Cold Chain Logistics Alliance. She has served as a keynote speaker on the aviation industry and has been quoted as an aviation expert in numerous articles.
- Fanny was also a principal at both A.T. Kearney and Oliver Wyman, working with clients in the energy, utility, aviation, logistics, automotive and telecommunications industries. She began her management consulting career with Accenture.
Fanny holds a bachelor’s degree in economics from Peking University, and she speaks Mandarin and English.