Angeles Garcia-Poveda is a member of the Board and CEO succession practices. She specializes in the consumer sector and is a core member of the firm’s Private Equity Practice. Until recently, she served on Spencer Stuart's Board of Directors. She previously led regional operations in Europe, the Middle East and Africa for three years and prior to that, managed the firm’s Paris office for five years.
Advisory and board experience
- Before joining Spencer Stuart in 2008, Angeles spent 14 years with The Boston Consulting Group (BCG). She worked as a consultant at BCG in Madrid and Paris from 1993 to 1997 before taking different recruiting roles in the firm at the local and international levels.
- During her tenure with BCG, she was directly involved in more than 300 placements. In her most recent position as BCG global recruiting manager, she worked extensively on cross-border recruiting projects.
- During the past ten years, she has conducted more than 300 assignments both in France and internationally, including CEO, board, C-suite, general manager and marketing and sales positions. She has also advised boards in governance issues, post-merger integration and CEO succession projects.
- Angeles has been chairperson of the Board of Legrand since July 1, 2020. She joined the Board of Legrand as an independent director in 2012 and chaired the Nominations and Governance Committee and the Remuneration Committee, sat on the Strategy and CSR Committee, and has served as Lead Director since 2013.
- Angeles also sits on the Supervisory Board of AdVini and on the Board of Directors of IFA.
She holds a master’s degree from ICADE, a leading graduate school of management in Madrid, and attended the Business Case Study Program at Harvard University. She speaks fluent French, Spanish and English.