Amitabh Sharma is a consultant based in Spencer Stuart’s Dallas and Silicon Valley offices. He focuses on board, CEO and general management searches within the enterprise technology domain, serving software, systems and services companies — including those disrupting traditional industries such as healthcare and automotive. With broad experience in the tech-enabled services space, Amitabh leads Spencer Stuart’s IT Services Practice.
Global executive search expert with operations and technology industry background
- Amitabh advises Boards, CEOs and investors on CEO succession planning, executive and board search, leadership development, organizational transformation and team effectiveness. His clients include large global companies, private equity and venture capital portfolio companies, and family-owned businesses. Amitabh leverages his extensive global exposure — both as an operator and as a search consultant — to lead local and multi-geography assignments.
- Prior to joining Spencer Stuart, Amitabh spent 13 years at another international search firm, leading its global enterprise technology practice, and its Asia Pacific technology and communications practice. He significantly scaled the firm’s capability in tech-enabled services, with a particular emphasis on cross-border leadership assignments.
- Earlier, as chief operating officer of London-based Active Private Equity, Amitabh led growth and operating maturity at portfolio companies through people, technology and operations interventions.
- At Netdecisions, a digital services and strategy startup in London, Amitabh built, launched and ran a number of digital businesses, led operations for the high-growth company, and incubated and grew a high-performing managed services business as managing director.
- Amitabh began his career at Schlumberger as a field engineer, growing into operational and business leadership roles across geographies over his 10 years at the company.
Amitabh earned his master’s degree in management from London Business School as a Sloan Fellow, and his bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology in Bombay. He has lived and worked in the United States, India, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Indonesia, Singapore, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Egypt. He is fluent in English and Hindi.