Atlanta Board Index 2016
Our fourth annual Atlanta Board Index tracks emerging trends in board composition, board practices and director compensation among the boards of 46 publicly listed Atlanta-area companies with more than $1 billion in revenue.
Download the PDF now >
Among the findings:
- Tenure on Atlanta boards averages 8.8 years, a half year longer than the average director tenure for the S&P 500.
- Atlanta-area boards are much less likely than their S&P 500 counterparts to have a mandatory retirement age, 48% versus 73%.
- The average age of outside directors for Atlanta boards ticked upward in 2016, rising to 63.9 years from 63.5 years in 2015.
- Women represent 17% of Atlanta board directors — the highest percentage since the first Atlanta Board Index in 2013 — but remain underrepresented compared with the S&P 500; 21% of S&P 500 directors are female.
- With 9.9 directors on average, Atlanta boards are smaller than the S&P 500 average of 10.8.
For information about copying, distributing and displaying this work, contact email@example.com.