The vital economic role played by family business is particularly evident in those markets where large numbers of family-controlled companies have attained significant size and influence. While the challenges faced by family businesses are similar around the world – maintaining stability over the long term, upholding the values of the founder, transferring ownership from one generation to the next, and leadership succession planning – local solutions vary depending on different legal, structural and cultural factors.
- We have decades of experience as trusted advisers to family-controlled and family-influenced companies across multiple industry sectors.
- Our consultants possess the sensitivity, discretion and flexibility that family clients value in their professional advisers.
- Our clients include private and partially listed businesses in North and South America, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East.
Maintaining the continuity of an expanding family business over multiple generations is a complex task. It requires a clear governance structure and a high level of trust and confidence in the management team. As experienced board-level advisers, we appreciate the importance of balancing the needs of the business with the interests, culture and priorities of the family.
When generational change is on the horizon, or a new set of skills is required, difficult decisions have to be made over whether to appoint a family member or an outsider to lead the business. The cultural and commercial imperatives behind such decisions have the potential to cause real conflict. Our deep experience of family business combined with our expertise in senior leadership issues puts us in a unique position to advise on the makeup of advisory/supervisory boards, on CEO succession and on senior management assessment.
- CEO Succession
- Creating and Enhancing Advisory/Supervisory Boards
- Exl — Our Proprietary Management Assessment Tool
- Family Office Management
- Governance Structures in Family Businesses
- Senior Management Assessment and Recruitment