Cassandra Frangos, Ed.D., brings 20 years of expertise in the field of organizational and executive development to Spencer Stuart’s CEO succession and Leadership Advisory Services team. She partners with Boards and CEOs to assess and develop their potential successors along with enabling their top teams to be more effective. She also coaches new and experienced CEO and C-suite executives to ensure they successfully evolve their leadership to the changing needs of the business. In addition, Cassandra serves on Spencer Stuart's global board of directors.
Expert adviser on succession and executive development
- Prior to joining Spencer Stuart, Cassandra was head of global executive talent at Cisco. She was a trusted partner to Cisco’s most senior leaders and board of directors, leading a global team accountable for accelerating executive leadership worldwide. Cassandra was responsible for organization design, succession planning, executive assessment, development and coaching of Cisco’s top executives.
- She was integral in the 2015 succession planning for Cisco’s CEO, one of the most respected and longest-tenured CEOs in the tech industry. Cassandra’s expertise and work on CEO succession has been profiled in a Harvard Business School case study and taught to C-suite executives globally.
- Prior to Cisco, Cassandra was head of organization development and learning at a biotechnology company and was the human capital practice leader at a management consulting firm led by Harvard Business School professors Drs. Bob Kaplan and Dave Norton, thought leaders on strategy and founders of the Balanced Scorecard.
- During her earlier management consulting career at Wyatt Worldwide, she partnered with leadership teams of Fortune 500 companies to facilitate organizational change efforts and develop talent and organizational strategies that delivered results.
- Cassandra coaches in Harvard Business School executive education programs and teaches at MIT.
She earned a doctorate from the University of Pennsylvania in a joint program with The Wharton School and the Graduate School of Education. She received a master’s degree in organizational development and psychology from Case Western Reserve University. Her undergraduate degree is in business administration and psychology from Northeastern University.
Cassandra has authored several publications with Harvard Business Publishing and with leading industry journals. She is also the author of the book, Crack the C-Suite Code: How Successful Leaders Make it to the Top.