Changes in the real estate market are altering the playing field for executives looking to ascend to the chief executive's office. Interviews with leaders in the industry reveal six things that will likely characterise the real estate CEOs of the future:
- Experience across a variety of professional environments that complement traditional real estate skills such as surveying.
- Willingness to take on challenges beyond the traditional real estate sphere.
- A greater propensity for working with numbers and financial tools.
- Comfortable dealing with governance, regulation and sustainability issues
- Willing to harness the potential of technology
- Cultural agility to operate effectively on an international stage
This study examines the traits that are common to successful leaders in today's real estate industry, the unique challenges that have surfaced in recent years and the different pathways that may lead executives to the top role.
Read the full article.